Five local women entrepreneurs will describe their experiences in starting and running their business with the goal of sharing successes, problems, and advice on how to engage the community to advance both their businesses and others looking to start their own.
From 1:15 to 1:45, there will be a networking section punctuated by Chef Anthony Lo Pinto discussing why started this event. Invitees from the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, who will be receiving the profits and donations from the event, will also describe their mission and how the community can support them through other activities.
From 1:45 to 2:45 pm will be the wine and food service with an appetizer and a main course and dessert with wine pairings.
The event moderator, Alessia Aron of Jersey Girls Food Tour, will begin the main event at around 2:45 pm by introducing the other four panel members and thereafter describe her own story in the manner of the following agenda:
1. The inspiration behind starting the business.
2. The challenges faced in starting the business, and describe if any of these are particular to being a woman.
3. The main challenges faced in sustaining the business.
4. How she can advise and provide assistance to other individuals who are looking to start their own business
5. The assistance and support she would like her business to receive from the community and other organizations
There will be a short question and answer section, after which she will invite each of the other four members in the panel to share their own stories in the same manner, followed by similar Q&A sessions.
This is expected to last around 1 hour, from 2:45 – 3: 45 pm.
This will be followed by closing remarks by staff of Third & Vine.