September is Hunger Action Month! We have tips for you to take action against hunger, as well as these great events that support our cause.
- Atlantic City Seafood Festival: Join us at the Atlantic City Boardwalk on Saturday, September 9, and Sunday, September 10, for the Seafood Festival. It’s a family-friendly event, which will once again support the Community FoodBank of New Jersey — Southern Branch with Chowder Cook-Off proceeds and a portion of entry ticket sales!
- Students Change Hunger: The Federation of New Jersey Food Banks challenges students (preschool through college) to unite in the fight against hunger through Students Change Hunger. The statewide food and fund drive competition runs from Monday, September 18, through Monday, December 11. At the end of the challenge, the schools that collect the most food and funds will receive awards from their local food banks. Register your school today!
- Margate Fall Funfest: Celebrate the start of fall with two full days of amusements, entertainment, crafts and food at Margate Fall Funfest on Saturday, September 23, and Sunday, September 24. And Saturday, the Community FoodBank of New Jersey — Southern Branch will have an informational table and bites during Funfest After Dark (must be 21 and older). Tickets are $20 and proceeds will benefit our hunger-relief efforts in South Jersey.
- Atlantic City Weekly’s 50 Bites+: Take a food journey through Atlantic City! With a ticket to Atlantic City Weekly’s 50 Bites+, you will experience more than 50 food samples at the region’s best eateries from Wednesday, October 12, through Wednesday, November 30. Get your tickets on Atlantic City Weekly’s website for great food and to help us end hunger. Tickets are currently on sale for $30, so purchase them today.
- 5th Annual Chefs Tableside Dinner: Our annual Chefs Tableside Dinner is a culinary experience you won’t want to miss! On Thursday, October 26, acclaimed chefs will serve unique five-course menus with wine pairing.
- Somers Point Restaurant Week: To kick off Somers Point Restaurant Week, we will be at Greate Bay Country Club on Sunday, October 29, for Sip & Savor. Join us for food, drinks and entertainment — and to support our efforts to end hunger in South Jersey.