Did you know that shrimp is loaded with vitamins and minerals such as zinc, magnesium, and much more? Enjoy the weather and family outings this summer with a nutrient dense seafood recipe that will have everyone’s mouths watering. It’s quick, easy, and light on the stomach, perfect for the summertime. Happy cooking!
- 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 freshly juiced lime
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 sliced scallions
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1 tbs olive oil, garlic, lime, honey, black pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Let sauce simmer for 2-3 minutes or until garlic begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs olive oil in skillet, add shrimp in single layer, and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Add sauce and cilantro to shrimp skillet and mix.
- Garnish with 2 sliced scallions.
- Serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.