CFBNJ’s mission is to spread FOOD, HELP and HOPE among struggling New Jerseyans year-round.
That means we’re making sure our neighbors don’t go hungry 366 days this year.
On Feb. 29, how do you plan to spend your extra 24 hours?
The FoodBank has some ideas for how to use the additional day in an impactful way!
- Volunteer onsite. We had more than 40,000 volunteers walk through our doors last year. You can become one this year. You might prepare family packs, fill senior supplemental food boxes or sort food.
- Volunteer offsite. The FoodBank has offsite and partner agency volunteer opportunities. For more information, please contact Sue Yurasits, Volunteer Resources Manager, at 908-355-3663 ext. 235 or email@example.com.
- Donate food. With help from people like you, we distributed more than 44 million pounds of food last year! We accept non-perishables year-round at our locations, as well as at associated food drives listed on our events page.
- Start your own food drive. It’s easy to start your own food drive. All you need to do is register your drive with us, tell us if you want to make it public and promote it with our tool kit.
- Start your own Virtual Food Drive. This is a fun way to get coworkers, family and friends involved in helping food insecure New Jerseyans. You can tally your success along the way. You can even make it a friendly competition! For more information, please contact Qulonda Stuckey, Marketing Specialist, at 908-355-3663 ext. 252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate funds. With every $1 gift, we can provide five meals. You can donate online, by mail or over the phone at 908-355- 3663 ext. 243.
- Become a monthly sustainer. Join our Sustainers Circle by arranging monthly contributions to CFBNJ, which will help food insecure people in New Jersey on a regular basis.
- Kickstart your National Nutrition Month goals. We have a lot going on at the FoodBank to promote overall wellness during March – and always. Check out the tips and recipes we have on our website.
Challenge yourself to give time, food or funds on the 29th.
You won’t have an extra 24 hours again until 2020, so make sure you use the time wisely!