What is Glean Direct?
The Gleaning Direct Partnership is a supplemental food donation and food rescue program that allows a participating network partner to pick up donations directly from the store/donor. These donations are in addition to the CFBNJ State Food Purchase Program you are a part of, and a great way to increase your local outreach. In other words, this is a win-win partnership.
Upon approval, the gleaning partner will receive orientation, training, and the following equipment: temperature gun, freezer blanket & scale. All equipment is free of charge to help ensure food safety.
Why Glean Direct?
There are several ways a CFBNJ network partner benefits from enrollment in our Glean Direct Partnership program.
• Increase the volume and frequency to your agency
• Meet client and organizational needs faster
• Improve community relationships with your local retail stores
• Agencies will receive a broad range of categories which can include meat, produce, dairy, frozen and other non-perishable items (items are subject to availability)
• Ongoing support by the CFBNJ Food Sourcing Team
Our goal is to ensure a positive and healthy experience for both sides. We are the ambassadors to our donors and liaisons for our partners. For more details, contact your Food Sourcing Coordinator using the form on the right.
Note: Agency must be able to PICK UP the donations directly from the store on a committed and consistent schedule.