The Community FoodBank of New Jersey is dedicated to eradicating the root cause of hunger: poverty. CFBNJ’s no-cost, “on the job” training programs are in place to provide students with interpersonal and professional skills that will help them earn a livable wage.
- All programs operate out of CFBNJ in Hillside, New Jersey and have a 95% placement rate after graduation.
- Graduates of CFBNJ’s job training programs have been hired at Atlantic Health System, United Airlines, The Community FoodBank of New Jersey, and Wonder- just to name a few!
- We offer students monthly 2-zone bus passes or gas checks in the amount of $78 per month to cover expenses of coming to our warehouse in Hillside.
Requirements for CFBNJ Job Training Programs
Program applicants must be able to provide certain documents in order to enroll:
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license or non-driver ID
- Social security card
- High school diploma, GED or college transcript
This program has no out-of-pocket cost to students, as grants through the New Jersey Department of Labor and private scholarships are available for those who qualify.
Culinary Job Training Program
Next FSTA start date: October 16, 2023
- CFBNJ’s Food Service Training Academy (FSTA), established in 2000, is an intensive cooking school and life skills program.
- Our no-cost cooking school is a 14-week program that operates from Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 4PM.
- FSTA graduates secure their ServSafe® Certification by participating in this career training program, which equips graduates with vital skills for gaining employment in the restaurant industry.
- Students train in a state-of-the-art, fully-equipped commercial kitchen where they make healthy meals for thousands of food-insecure children.