The Community FoodBank of New Jersey, a member of Feeding America, is the largest foodbank in New Jersey. The CFBNJ mission is to fight hunger and poverty in New Jersey by assisting those in need and seeking long-term solutions. Last year, we distributed enough food for over 86 million meals, 34% of which was fresh produce, and facilitated SNAP applications for nearly 2,000 households.
How CFBNJ Works
CFBNJ collects food and donations, sorts and packages at our warehouses, and supplies these necessities to over 800 community partners, who then distribute food to New Jersey neighbors in need. From sourcing to storing and getting the food into the hands of our neighbors, our FoodBank is a complex storage and distribution system filled with many vital positions and team members that make it all happen. Together, our team works to provide healthy and critical resources to the community.
Nonprofit Jobs at CFBNJ
Are you looking for nonprofit jobs in NJ? Get involved in the fight against hunger! CFBNJ currently has various job openings at in Hillside and Egg Harbor Township. We need talented and passionate people at every stage and level of our mission. Below, we’ve outlined the different types of work available at our FoodBank.
Resource Development Jobs
- The Development team is responsible for cultivating and stewarding donors and volunteers. The Resource Development Team consists of donor services, grants, special events, community outreach, volunteers, and direct response.
- Our Finance team overlooks all financial operations, grants, donations, inventory, and government reporting.
Human Resources Jobs
- The HR team onboards, employs benefits, manages employee relations, payroll, and directs and promotes an inclusive and positive work culture.
Information Technology Jobs
- The IT team administers all the technological needs and equipment of the organization, as well as secures our digital network.
Food Sourcing/Purchasing Jobs
- Our Food Sourcing team acts as liaisons with internal departments and outside agencies, assists in the bid process to purchase food, and communicates with vendors and donors to source necessities for our neighbors.
- The Operations team is the backbone of our warehouse and is in charge of safely receiving, storing, and loading food for our community partners.
Community Kitchen Jobs
- The Community Kitchen prepares healthy meals for children, seniors, and disaster relief victims, operates social enterprise activities, runs internal and external catering, and collaborates closely with one of our Workforce Development programs, the Food Service Training Academy.
Workforce Development Jobs
- Our Workforce Development team provides innovative and effective no cost, “on the job” training for students to learn interpersonal and professional skills that will help them earn a livable wage. Currently, programs included are the Food Service Training Academy and the Warehouse Job Training Program.
Network Relations Jobs
- Our Network Relations team builds and maintains strong relations with more than 800 community partners. As a data-driven team, they engage with and support our network of partners by ensuring services and resources are provided where they are needed most.
Transportation / Delivery Driver Jobs
- As the “the face of the food bank,” drivers travel throughout our New Jersey service area picking up food donations from retail stores and food distributors and/or making food deliveries to network partners and communities. In addition, all drivers receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus upon successful completion of 6 months of employment!
Mobile and Community Assistance Pantry Jobs (Egg Harbor Township)
- Our Mobile and Community Assistance Pantry workers are forward facing workers, directly interacting with our neighbors, distributing necessities, and implementing feedback into our food pantry best practices.
Resource Access Jobs
- The Resource Access team is responsible for providing direct service outreach on public benefits to low-income families and individuals. Many of our Resource Access team members are in-field, visiting community organizations to educate, pre-screen, and enroll eligible neighbors.
- Our Nutrition Education team is a key component to CFBNJ addressing hunger as a health issue. Virtually and in-person, they provide lessons on cost-effective nutrition and health.
For a full and comprehensive description for all open positions, please take a look at our job openings!