Put away the greasy butter and added salt and try this heart-healthy spin on popcorn!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 5 minute | Total time: 15 minutes
*Recipe derived from Marla Meredith Enterprise, LLC.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 droppers full vanilla drops
- 1 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Toasted Coconut:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit with the rack in the middle.
- Lay coconut flakes on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes until coconut is light brown.
- Toss with a pair of tongs after 5 minutes of baking.
- Heat oil and popcorn in a large, deep metal pot over high heat.
- Have the pot lid and a large bowl handy.
- The oil will sizzle and the popcorn kernels will start to pop.
- When the popcorn is about to overflow, dump the popcorn into the bowl.
- When popcorn is hot, toss quickly with the vanilla drops, coconut flakes and dark chocolate chips.