At CFBNJ, a central point of our mission is partnering with government officials and coalitions to affect long-term change and champion transformative legislation.
Today is National Voter Registration Day! This year, consider putting your voting power to use to continue mobilizing the fight against hunger.
Ways to Vote in New Jersey
- IN PERSON
- To vote in person, you will need to find a polling location near you.
- BY MAIL
- To vote by mail, every registered voter will need to complete a vote by mail application for vote-by-mail ballot and return to their County Clerk 7 days prior to Election Day or in-person by 3PM the day before elections. After submitting the application, voters will receive in the mail or can pick up at their county clerk, a Vote-By-Mail ballot, certificate envelope, and mailing envelope.
- Once voters obtain and complete their Vote-By-Mail ballot, they must be submitted or postmarked by 8:00PM on Election Day. Voters can submit their ballots by:
- Mailing it back: Must be postmarked on or before 8:00PM Election Day and be received by Board of Elections on or before 6 days after Election Day.
- Placing it in their county’s ballot drop box locations: Drop box locations are open 24/7. Find a mail-in ballot drop box location near you.
- Returning it to their county’s Board of Elections office: Find your county Board of Elections office here.
Registering to Vote in New Jersey
If you are currently a US citizen, at least 17 years old, and not registered to vote, you can register to vote online or by paper. If you register to vote by paper, you will need to send your paper application to your County Commissioner of Registration or Superintendent of Elections for your county with ample time before Election Day. For both modes of registration, you will need your birthday and either your driver’s license or social security number.
For others who may not know if they are registered or not, you can use the “Voter Search” feature on the New Jersey voting registration site to view your registration status.
Changing Voter Registration if You’re a New NJ Resident
If you just moved to New Jersey and need to register to vote here, you can either:
- Register to vote at a motor vehicle agency as you apply for/renew your driver’s license or non-driver identification (ID) card, reflecting your New Jersey address.
- Update your address with the Division of Elections and register to vote without an ID by visiting New Jersey Division of Elections at www.NJELECTIONS.org or call 1-877-NJVOTER (1-877-658-6837) to have an application mailed to you.
Important Voting Deadlines in NJ
- Last day to register to vote in New Jersey: October 18th, 21 days before Election Day.
- Election Day: November 8th. All votes must be submitted or postmarked by 8PM on Election Day.
For more information and resources on registering, voting, and more, check out https://www.vote411.org!