Hummus is a delicious and nutritious chickpea dip that pairs perfectly with vegetables, pita bread and more.
How to Make Hummus
- 30 oz. chickpeas
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Combine all ingredients (except the parsley and paprika) in a blender.
- Blend on low speed until smooth. You’ll have to stop the blender often to push down the ingredients.
- If the mixture is too dry, add more olive oil to help with the consistency.
- Scrape the hummus onto a plate.
- Sprinkle the paprika over the top, drizzle lightly with olive oil and garnish with parsley.
Serve with vegetables, pita, or chips!