Welcome to our Network Investment Grant Center for the latest information on funding to support our network partners.
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) and our partners at Mercer Street Friends (MSF) and NORWESCAP, recognize the extraordinary efforts that you, our network partners, put in every day to ensure that our neighbors receive nutritious food. You face tremendous challenges and play a vital role in our ability to execute our mission. Throughout the year, we ask you to help us understand your needs. Through your insights, you help us prioritize and focus our resources. Our partners vary widely, from size and geography to the different populations, communities, and cultures you serve. We acknowledge these differences and the need to support our partners in unique ways so that you may continue to nourish your neighbors in ways that work best for them.
Our Network Investment Grant plan makes a commitment to you, our partners, to meet you where you are … to address urgent needs as they arise, while also supporting growth and expansion.
CFBNJ Network Investment Grant Overview
We will have two rounds of grants. Partners in good standing with CFBNJ regulations may apply for one or both of the following grants:
- Phase 1 (2022-23): Operational Needs Grant
- Grant funds should be spent by June 30, 2023.
- Final report is due by July 31, 2023.
- Here is a video discussing what you must and should consider including in your final report.
- Phase 2 (2023-24): Overview of Capacity Building, Infrastructure, & Innovative Grant
The Capacity Building, Infrastructure, and Innovation Grant will support transformational ideas and/or establish new methods of food distribution, community development, and services that strengthen your vision to empower neighbors and expand food security in your community. These may include bold new ideas to change your food distribution, such as transition to Client Choice; creating space to operate a food pantry which can serve your increased number of neighbors with dignity for the next 20 years, while making your volunteer operation run more efficiently; or developing programs that support nutrition, health, or economic stability.
- Applications open: Thursday, July 13 2023
- Application due date: Friday, September 29, 2023
How to Apply for Grants from CFBNJ
Applications open on July 13, 2023 for the Capacity Building, Infrastructure and Innovation grant.
- To learn more about the Phase 2 grant guidelines, timelines, funding categories and more, read the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- For a User Guide to SurveyMonkey, the software used to complete the Grant Application, click here.
- To apply for the Grant, click here.
- All communications regarding grant updates and other information will come from the email address email@example.com. Please make sure these emails do not go into your Spam folder.
Get help applying for grants
- One-to-One Application Support