Welcome to our Network Investment Grant Center for the latest information on funding to support our network partners.
The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) and our partners at Mercer Street Friends (MSF) and NORWESCAP, recognize the extraordinary efforts that you, our network partners, put in every day to ensure that our neighbors receive nutritious food. You face tremendous challenges and play a vital role in our ability to execute our mission. To support your work, we continue our commitment to you with our state-wide, multi-million-dollar Network Investment Grant initiative.
CFBNJ Network Investment Grant Overview
In FY23, we will have two rounds of grants. Partners in good standing with CFBNJ regulations may apply for one or both of the following grants:
- Phase 1: Operational Needs Grant
- Application Dates: 8.15.22 – 10.4.22
- Total Funding: $750,000
- Maximum Grant per Partner: $15,000
- Funding Needs: Immediate grant funding to address operational needs today, such as refrigeration, purchase of reusable bags, freezer blankets, tables, tents, support for retail gleaning such as gas cards, etc.
- Phase 2: Capacity Building and Innovation (Later in FY23)
- Timing: Anticipated application January, 2023
- Funding: More than $2.5M
- Funding Needs: Programs that address hunger, health and nutrition and support innovative concepts.
How to Apply for Grants from CFBNJ
You can now apply for the Phase I: Operational Needs Grant.
- To learn more about the Phase 1 grant guidelines, timelines, funding categories and more, read the Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Please apply for the grant online.
We have prepared several webinars to include an overview of our Network Investment Grant initiative and application process. Look for recordings on this page if you are unable to attend.
- Network Operations Grant Kick-Off:
- Network Operations Grant Application Process
Get help applying for grants
- One-to-One Application Support
- Our Women Fighting Hunger (WFH) grant support team, a group of volunteer women dedicated to assisting our efforts to fight food insecurity, are available for a variety of assistance, including one-to-one help to write your application.
- Apply for assistance in writing your application
- One-On-One Support begins the week of 9.6.22
- Virtual Office Hours: No need to register, simply join using the link below. Virtual hours on Microsoft Teams will be hosted weekly by the WFH Team. This will be a group setting where you can collaborate and work through your grant application alongside other pantry leaders and organizations. The last Virtual Office Hour will be held on Monday, October 3, 2022.
- 10:30 – 11:30AM
- Click here to join
- Meeting ID: 289 131 261 851
- Passcode: S44qj2