Volunteers move our mission. It’s all thanks to volunteers that CFBNJ is able to feed our New Jersey neighbors in need.
Our Hillside and Egg Harbor Township locations are open and welcoming volunteers- but our Hillside location is experiencing a shortage of volunteers. For those unable to come in, we’re offering a way that you can help make a difference: the CFBNJ Volunteer Ambassador Project– engaging volunteers to fight hunger with us virtually!
| What is the Volunteer Ambassador Project?
The Volunteer Ambassador Project is a way for you or someone you know to promote our work and support our operations and mission beyond the warehouse. Through various avenues of outreach, CFBNJ volunteer ambassadors recruit volunteers by utilizing their own social media platforms or personally reaching out to contacts or other individuals and groups (suggested list included in the tool-kit below) that might be interested in coming to volunteer for CFBNJ at either our Hillside or Egg Harbor Township warehouse.
|What do I need to do to be a Volunteer Ambassador?
After you follow us (@CFBNJ) on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn, we ask you to take two or more of the following actions:
All the graphics, captions, scripts, and information suggested for the actions are provided in the downloadable virtual Volunteer Ambassador toolkit (ZIP file).
- On your social media platforms, post any (or all) of the graphics in the toolkit with the provided captions that link our volunteer sign up page, and include our signature hashtags #WeAreThere, #CFBNJ, #FoodHelpHope. Be sure to tag us in your posts!
- Our volunteer operations graphic shows how volunteers are responsible for the 90 million meals that are distributed annually to New Jerseyans in need
- Hunger facts graphics highlighting how food insecurity affects our communities
- Share a favorite recipe that has brought you joy from cooking, eating, and sharing it
- Send our chain text message script to your contacts
- As a CFBNJ volunteer ambassador, reach out to local individuals and groups through personal emails and/or phone calls. We’ve provided a suggested list in the toolkit, but feel free to get creative!
We will be continuing to update the Volunteer Ambassador Project with new virtual opportunities, so check in from time to time for more information and chances to get involved. If you have any questions, email our Volunteer team!