Cooking Time: Prep: 25 mins / Cook: 10 mins / Bake: 18 mins 375°F
Thinly sliced potatoes form an impressive topper when you flip over this hearty frittata. Stocked with veggies and protein, this dish proves that eggs aren’t just for breakfast.
Budget dinner price: $0.87 per serving
- 1 pound Yukon gold or russet potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped green onions (4)
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced Fresh snipped parsley and/or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 5 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, half the green onions, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, about 18 minutes or until frittata appears dry on top. Remove frittata from oven. Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topper, in a small bowl gently toss together remaining green onions, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
- With a spatula, loosen edges of frittata from skillet. Place a large serving platter over skillet. Using two hands, invert platter and skillet to release frittata onto platter. Cut frittata in wedges. Serve with green onion topper.