This hearty side dish is a great addition to any holiday table–a combination of different flavors and nutritious elements to create something new and delicious that the whole family will love. Try it out and follow us on social for more recipes from our community kitchen!
- 1 1/4 lbs red potato cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil “local”
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 cups sliced fresh spinach
- 1 thinly sliced fennel bulb
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; arrange in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir in Gruyere, basil, parsley, and garlic.
- In large bowl, toss potatoes, spinach and fennel with egg mixture until well combined.
- Transfer to 2 quart baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until custard has set. Uncover; bake another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional basil and parsley, if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!