Summertime calls for lots of grilling. There are many healthy options for barbecuing your favorite meats and vegetables. Here’s one recipe from our very own Chef Paul Kapner, C.E.C., who is Director of the FoodBank’s Community Kitchen.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut 2×2)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut 2×2)
- 1 onion (cut in wedges)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 whole, peeled garlic (crushed)
- 1 green zucchini (sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thread the chicken, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and zucchini pieces on skewers (along with any other vegetables you wish to add).
- Mix oil, garlic and herbs together, and pour over the kabobs. Let them marinate for at least two hours.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place kabobs on the prepared grill and brush with the marinade.
- Cook for 15 minutes (or until the chicken juices run clear), turning and brushing with the marinade frequently.
- Serve with rice, corn on the cob or roasted potatoes. Enjoy!