Spring Cooking with Armando, one of CFBNJ’s NJ SNAP-Ed Nutrition Educators, features this delicious Bell Pepper and White Bean Salad that utilizes seasonal ingredients for a nutritious, budget-friendly dish with plenty of color and flavor.
- 3 cups chopped arugula or spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 16-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable1 finely chopped garlic clove oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, with leaves removed from stem (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine arugula (or spinach), peppers, red onion, and white beans.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, garlic, thyme (optional), salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.