Cooking Time: Start to Finish: 20 mins
Enjoy a light supper with this simple meal that’s loaded with protein and veggies — you’ll feel satisfied even with smaller portions. And you’ll definitely save money over dinner at a Mexican hot spot.
Budget dinner price: $2.05 per serving
Looking for 30-minute meals? This easy chicken recipe shaves 10 minutes off that time. Quick-cooking chicken breast strips make it happen!
**FRESH SALSA (MENTIONED IN MAIN INGREDIENTS BELOW)
In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, red onion, pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, a few drops bottled hot pepper sauce. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 3 days. Stir before serving. Makes 1 2/3 cups.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small red, yellow, or green sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
- 2 whole wheat, tomato, jalapeno, or plain flour tortillas, warmed*
- ½ cup Easy Fresh Salsa (see Note ** above)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- *To warm tortillas: Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle chicken strips with chili powder and garlic powder.
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and sweet pepper strips in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper strips are tender.
- Drain if necessary. Toss with salad dressing.
- Divide chicken and pepper mixture between warmed tortillas.
- Top with Easy Fresh Salsa and cheese.
- Roll up; cut in half.