Stuffing is a great side dish for the holiday season! Chef Daryl shares his famous stuffing recipe. Check it out and follow us on social for more of our healthy recipes. Stay tuned for Daryl’s story of how the FoodBank changed his life.
- 10 oz. box cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup pears (diced)
- 1/2 cup apples (diced)
- 1/2 cup onions (diced)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 oz. butter
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Bake cornbread according to box recipe.
- Sauté diced onions, pears and apples with butter until translucent.
- Take cornbread out of the oven, break it up and add it to the sautéed mixture.
- Add stock, apple juice and all other ingredients (except for egg).
- On low heat, continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a small baking pan.
- Mix in egg and bake at 350° F for 20 minutes.