- 210 calories
- 10.3 g fat
- 1.8 g carbohydrates
- 98 mg cholesterol (no more than 300 mg per day!)
- 266 mg sodium
- 43 mg calcium
*Recipe courtesy of Time Inc.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olives (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven on a broiler setting.
- Cut the bell peppers in half (lengthwise).
- Place the pepper halves on a foil line baking sheet.
- Broil the peppers for 15 minutes or until they have blackened.
- Once the peppers are cooked, finely chop them.
- Bring the stove-top and skillet to medium heat.
- Combine the bell peppers, feta cheese, olives and basil. Sauté.
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally.
- Stuff 2 tablespoons of the sautéed mixture into each slit chicken breast.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings for taste (1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper).
- Place the chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill the stuffed chicken for 10 minutes on each side or until the sides are cooked thoroughly.
- Place the chicken in the oven to bake on the inside for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.