Cooler temperatures mean it’s time for recipes that keep you cozy. CFBNJ’s Nutrition Education team releases healthy, budget-friendly recipes and nutrition advice regularly. Here are some that are perfect for the season ahead.
- Autumn Stew – Sausage, butternut squash, fennel and brussels sprouts make this a hearty and healthy choice for a cold night.
- Apple Pancakes – Increase the fiber and vitamin C intake on a classic breakfast food, the pancake. Try these out and enjoy!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – This delicious dessert with a walnut shell is a sure crowd pleaser. Put an autumn spin on a classic!
- Butternut Squash Soup – This simple and flavorful soup is seasoned with maple syrup, cinnamon and allspice for the perfect fall flavor.
- Healthy Thanksgiving Sides – We’re only a few weeks away from Thanksgiving. Have you planned what you’re making yet? These quick and healthy side dishes are !
Enjoy and keep your eye out for more delicious recipes from CFBNJ and our team of nutrition educators and chefs!